Monday, March 23, 2015

The Medival Era

There is something about the times of castles, knights, and medieval history that is so compelling. Every time I go and study around the era of 1100 - 1500 I am lost in the stories of honor, courage, treachery, and even tragedy.

I love thinking about what it would be like to be a man-at-arms fighting for a powerful knight. Going forward to vanquish foes or retreating behind castle walls to defend the inhabitants within. Rubbing shoulders with the Knights Templar on the holy crusades, or feasting at banquets with royalty.



Recently I have had the experience of immersing myself in medieval history. I have read novels like Rangers Apprentice, acting in the robin Hood play, dressed up for a medieval feast with some friends, or fought in battles with AMRS and Belegarth groups. Can you tell that I love Medieval History?




















No comments:

Post a Comment