Sunday, September 29, 2013

Summer Splash 3/4


3. Man in the Moon

Glen Beck had a production about the Man in the Moon.  We were so dedicated to see this that we drove two hours and stood in the rain for another hour.  We were drenched, but it was so worth it!  The ampitheater stage production with projection showed the history of the Moon and the Earth.  From the beginning it showed Adam and Eve to Noah's Flood, and events throughout our world.  I was blown away with the analogies used to describe our world from the Moon's perspective.  He described the sun as the great light that loved us, his beasts.  The Moon realized that he could only reflect the great light.  He also described how special it was that each of the beasts (us) had some of the great light in us.  He spoke of the wars and the fighting, the love and the liberty won.  I was inspired by the story and was grateful for my history studies so that I could recognize the many analogies described in the presentation.  One part of the show had the Moon talking to us directly.  He explained how in one point of history, we forgot to look up and remember the great light that the Moon reflected.  As a result, I tried to find the Moon every night and thank him. 

I am grateful for the Freedoms we have and I am even more determined to protect them.  

Note:  The firework finale were the best fireworks I've ever seen on the 4th of July.  It was an Independence Day Celebration to remember!  

No comments:

Post a Comment